Brutha-ly Love

Welcome to the quarry of the quintessential quirk, the caberet of the crazed cretin, the abode of the aberrant aristocrat, the nexus of the neurotic engineer, the diary of the dogmatic dog-lover and the ranch of the revolutionary romantic! Have fun at your own expense!

20050609

Holiday Clone #2: Cha-Cha-Chalet

OMG packed packed past few days.

I went for the class chalet on Tuesday, albeit slightly late because i had to wait for the broccoli salad to be conjured up by my grandmother. Due to the expansiveness and extensiveness of it, i had to book a cab to take me and only me all the way down to Downtown East at the price of a whopping $14.

Once there, we engaged in all sorts of heinous activities encompassing touch rugby, soccer, engorging ourselves on delightfully devilish food and MAHJONG! Yes, you heard me right. I have culturally immersed myself in the 120% cheena game of mahjong. I say 'culturally immersed' because i do not regard myself as a pure Chinese. That and the fact that i tend to drown helplessly in anything chinese.

After observing roughly 3 games (without any aid from Haoyi, whatsoever), i had almost completely mastered the ropes and went in for a few tries myself.

To which i got PWNZORZED miserably.

Well, practice makes perfect and my swan song was pitch-perfect with its delicate falsettos (read: i won the last game!). After that, it was homeward bound as i had to dredge back the salad, lest it rot and simmer away to the Singapore heat. Also, i inconveniently forgot to bring change. Luckily i went home though, for i had to shampoo 4 times to remove the noxious BBQ stench (unfortunately some of my dye as well)


Yesterday, i went to watch the sneaks of 'Mr and Mrs Smith'! It was truly perfection in reaction kinematics... Good chemistry, quite hot, definitely interesting and lots of action.

The ending was rather abrupt and fantasical though. The epitome of 'deus ex machina', or "God from a machine", a technique to conclude tales that have spun way out of proportion by introducing a completely improbable element into the story that solves all the problems. In this one, it was them... Hmm, i guess you wouldn't want to hear this spoiler. Other examples includes martians being opera-intolerant and protagonists waking up to realise everything was a dream.

Riiight.

I also got the new BEP album, Monkey Business! w00t have been eagerly awaiting its arrival since i got Elephunk for my birthday last year then followed up with Bridging the Gaps. ROX ROX ROX. All download "Pump It", "My Style", "Bebot", "They Don't Want Music", "My Humps", "Ba Bump" and "Gone Going". Omg so many lasting ones after only 4 listenings...

Ooh and i've been approached by another friend to write songs for their band. Woowoo my influence can slowly be spread to the rest of the world WAHAHA! Riight, ignore that last statement. Done one, doing another to let Gavin Peter and Postponed preview and critique.

Other than that, today has been rather slack. I went TANNING again on my balcony/crude and redundant protrusion from my father's room. I swear, with the surplus of rays i've been bombarded by, i'm sure to morph into some Hulk (just not green, but a beautiful bronze!). I measure the time i'm in the sun by songs played on my Zen speakers, and i spent a record 18 songs sweating it out like some porky mammal there...


I'm going to Port Dickson tomorrow with the EFers! Wah the long drive down (yes, you heard it right, DRIVE) provides me with an opportunity once again to impose my preferences on others. This time, its not by my excessive online ranting, but by my Dw's MP3s 4th Generation (my car can play mp3s) that i burnt on monday! WAHAHA! Nothing but a pounding influx of HIP HOP for 3 hours there. And 3 hours back. And all hours in between ;}

To end this spiralling-out-of-control of an entry, i state "DEUS EX MACHINA"!



Need to start studying to CTs to... Ba Bump - Black Eyed Peas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home