Brutha-ly Love

Welcome to the quarry of the quintessential quirk, the caberet of the crazed cretin, the abode of the aberrant aristocrat, the nexus of the neurotic engineer, the diary of the dogmatic dog-lover and the ranch of the revolutionary romantic! Have fun at your own expense!

20050502

Novelty Novels

My current preoccupation, the book (which so happens to be released as a movie) of...


Coming to a disintegrated cinema near you!

It is a tongue-in-cheek social and philosophical satire revolving around the life of Arthur Dent, an earthling who has been rescued by his best friend after the Earth was unceremoniously demolished to make way for an interstellar highway. Its utter randomness >> anything possibly conceiveable, such as the Improbability Drive, a machine which generates infinite amounts of improbability to warp missiles into sperm whales...

Its more random than me! So jealous!

I started reading the novel novel last night and have albeit all the distractions and crab dinners, have managed to complete a fantasmic half, a very respectable amount indeed!

This is in comparison to my absolute disdain to reading any non-pictorial source of literature (read: books [not read books]). Only trashy gossip magazines and flashy science journals have articles short enough to capture my caffeine-addled (and hence extremely short attention spanned) mind.

The last spurt of novels i read was during the June holidays of yesteryear, where i had resolved to read at least 5 (i succeeded, of course). I will only read en masse whenever a series intrigues me beyond my (in)activation energy to focus on the books. The result is usually a rapid devouring and (reader's) digestion of one and all.

How some people have their noses perpetually buried six feet under the covers of thick tomes really bemuses me. How do they read when light can't even pass through such a dense layer of concentration!?



The early bird gets the worm.
If 'young chicks' = 'early birds'
and 'worm' refers to book-burrowers
then subscribe to Life for one of me,
and subscribe to the life of one for me!



Other than that, my Labor Day weekend has been rather placid and pleasant. Saw 4 movies (XXX2, Saw, The Terminal, Matrix Revolutions), slept around lots and stayed all over like some underpaid 'hoe and basically DID NOT DO ANYTHING SCHOOL-RELATED. Even now, i'm prepping to go to Queensway wif some friends who want to buy shoes (ooh so girly).

Its yet another vicious cycle: Do my homework uber fast so that i can malinger over the entire weekend, go back to school on par with everyone, stress self out over loads of homework to do, do my homework uber fast so that i can malinger over the entire weekend.

Always coming back to bite me in the ass. No wonder they're given the title 'vicious'.



Finally found this DAMN PWNING song i forgot about in... Faded - Soul Decision

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home