Brutha-ly Love

Welcome to the quarry of the quintessential quirk, the caberet of the crazed cretin, the abode of the aberrant aristocrat, the nexus of the neurotic engineer, the diary of the dogmatic dog-lover and the ranch of the revolutionary romantic! Have fun at your own expense!

20050408

An Apple a Day keeps Appearances at Bay

I'm back after a whopping 1 day hiatus. Didjya miss me? I refrainied from blogging for an entire day! The control, the willpower, the perseverance! Some regulars at this blog actually asked me why i didn't update yesterday... I guess some randomness and irregularity only adds some spice to life!

Of course, the real reason was this ugly puzzle apple that i found assembled upstairs in the family room while scouring the house for some productive task to embark upon. It was stoically sitting there, a frozen look of undue excitement on its face. What came next is no surprise as i smashed it to the core (literally) and picked up the pieces (literally) to rebuild it.

I figured that the completion of this dreary and mundane task would not only sharpen my already knife-like noggin, but would also give me an object to display in my rather bare room. Also, it would me MINE, ALL MINE as i would have been the last one assembling it (don't ask. i have some obsessive compulsive possessiveness whereby only thigs that i consider mine can be kept in my room).


I rock(hard) to the (apple) core!


What i didn't figure, was that the spastic apple took a total of 3 hours of labour before finally achieving fruition. Even Isaac Newton would have had a headache fixing it up (and not from any falling apples). This dreaded inanimate fruit gave me a sleepless night (read: 12 am) and postponed my dinner for 1 hour today...

Right now its sitting on my shelf, just glaring at me. with a face that screams "Wanna fight issit?"

However, my flu seems to have been cured for the majority of it. Was snorting and blowing my nose like heck yesterday and today though. No fevers have ascended upon little ol moi yet (since objects with a higher temperature rise).
Phlegm check: White.

It seems a plastic jigsaw apple a day keeps the doctor away after all.



Another reason for the abandonment of my blog yesterday was because me and Jessica were gossiping the night away and rating people in the class based on the Theme of Appearance and Personality O.o. Super facial yet superficial.

Which brings to me to my topic of external appearances. Aka Looks, chiobu-ness, trollbu-ness, looking dashing & worthy or worth dashing away from.

They say beauty is only skin deep. What they (the ugly people, that is) don't know, is that skin comprises of the epidermis and its own 3 sublayers, its dermis and a layer of sub-cutaneous fat under it. Furthermore, the largest organ in the body is the skin! So i guess the depth of skin must traverse quite a great bit.

Beauty and perfection are essential criteria in society today. Not only do the apply to first impressions (which stick around longer than one thinks), they are the outward windows to our souls. Beautiful = happy = high self-esteem = contented and stable. No matter how much any of us try to skirt the issue (or actually read it), it finds a way to rear its beautiful head and slap us across the face, bringing us back down to earth and grounding us.

Before i can go and criticise others, though,



Rating myself from the bottom up:

Feet: Good! Nothing apparently wrong here because its hidden in shoes most of the time. Hmm bringing that up i'll say its smelliness.

Calf-section: UGLY, HAIRY, SCARRED(!!) and too improportioned from the rest of my body. Blame my mom for the familial thin legs and my many bike/roller blade accidents for the stitch marks.

Thighs: One word: Fat and white. Ok, so that was 3. Same difference when it comes to fat white thighs. Sort of reminds me of Elvis eating chicken with Michael Jackson.

Ass: According to Jen, HUGE. Uggh i have a fat arse, and im not talking about the donkey i have in my backyard. And i'm supposedely a mass runner somemore... How logic defying.

Groin: No comment for this my progressively PG blog.

Torso: White and untanned. Deathly pale compared to my arms and hence unnerving and lagi grossgusting. Otherwise rather satisfied.

Arms: Palms too calloused, muscles (still) too small. Just don't expect me to pull an 'Etienne' here. Not THAT desperate...

Neck: Too veiny for its own good. Emphasises gauntness and grossness.

Face: OH DONT GET ME STARTED HERE. Long eyelashes, double eyelids, thick eyebrows, thick lips. I'm freakin Angelina Jolie, male-sonified. And uglier.

Hair: Suber fugged up. And i even intentionally typo'ed 'fucked' to emphasise how absolutely WRONG it is. I mean, who the hell gets born with two whorls that makes every hairstyle grow into a Friar Tuck lookalike?



Uggh that was quite the self-esteem booster. Of course, i have my own opinion of myself as do others of me. People tend to not remotely like the physical medium with which their spirit is conducted in.

Which brings me to another point in appearances. FISHING. My god its irritating. Its when good-looking and fine people constantly proclaim their pug-ugliness in public discussions and forums so as to receive rebuttals from their friends. 'Rebuttal' meaning receiving an indirect compliment in the form of disagreement and consolation, in a shameless self-promoting way. I HATE IT!

All people are born perfect. Some are just born more perfect than others. The diversity in beauty is just to let you appreciate your own body and to aspire to new heights of outward perfection. That or simply to let u waste the time away with your best friend Mr Mirror.



Blatantly fishing to... Ransom Letter - Pug Jelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home