Brutha-ly Love

Welcome to the quarry of the quintessential quirk, the caberet of the crazed cretin, the abode of the aberrant aristocrat, the nexus of the neurotic engineer, the diary of the dogmatic dog-lover and the ranch of the revolutionary romantic! Have fun at your own expense!

20050315

Mugger Fuckers...

I supremely loathe/detest/despise/abhor people with absolutely warped definitions of a mugger. As usual, I have once again been christened the title of "mugger" amongst many ignorant and hypocritical people. What's wrong with excelling (in your definitions, not mine) with the least possible amount of work? What's wrong with saving the best for last and facing the music as early as possible (read: finishing homework in school)?

These are my characteristics and approach to academic studies. Finish up everything as fast as possible for delayed , guilt-free gratification. I also believe in learning and memorising only when and what is necessary. Hence, my personal definition of 'mugging' is doing all these things unnecessarily and in excess (things along the line of reading textbooks during the meant-to-relax-holidays... WHY???).

How did mugging's definition from 'intensive cramming' change to mean 'doing your fair and minimal quota of work' in the average student?

Of course it could just be these the jealousy and green-faced monsters within these people awakening. I guess I'd feel threatened if i saw someone hard at work in school, busy scribbling notes in the library during free periods (excess, though). I do the same: Finishing homework that ranges from tutorials to labs way ahead of time during the lessons and lectures themselves (hey it's called good time management especially if one can multi-task). I'm sure the envy in these people who only WISH they could have the same will-power and determination try to bring me down and stop me from enjoying life later on at home. So frustrating to have every success and academic accolade attributed to mundane 'mugging', and not God's given talent and grace.

I don't have homework over these March holidays and have not touched a single piece of academic parchment (unless Naruto and blogging and freecell count as schoolwork) at all. The same thing applies to my carefree weekends all the way from slackondary school and whenever i contradict some sorry arsehole's comment on the stresses of JC homework...

Ah well. Blame my sense of competition as well. I can't bear to lose at almost anything I'm supposed to be good or at least mentionable in. My kiasu singaporean attitude manifests itself in the fast finish of work. Also, to those who go and borrow it from me for 'referral', DON'T COMPLAIN!

By the way, there's a difference between superiority complex and sense of accomplishment O.o.




Cycled all the way to Serene Centre for lunch and to meet Jen, and back with major detours to get bubble tea. Feeling clean and content now, with the jubilant Chocolate Milk Tea and the Black Canyon Coffee's chicken steak hor fun in the playground that is my stomach, prancing in perfect synchrony and harmony.


Fuming over the unfairness to... Crybaby - Mariah Carey ft Snoop Dogg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home