Brutha-ly Love

Welcome to the quarry of the quintessential quirk, the caberet of the crazed cretin, the abode of the aberrant aristocrat, the nexus of the neurotic engineer, the diary of the dogmatic dog-lover and the ranch of the revolutionary romantic! Have fun at your own expense!

20050309

I've Become so Numb...

Stayed up to the wee hours of morning (1 am, actually... so its wee in that its very early INTO the morning :P) renaming my numerous wrongly labelled MP3s. I had stupidly forced them to be categorised into song name-artiste-album-song name, so they were all like, uber long to the extent of frustrating and messy. Slept a long and dreamless, peaceful and sound sleep until 9:30 am this morning, when i awoke with a heavy heart surprisingly fraught with excitement.

Enjoyed my Last Breakfast: Nutella spread on banana walnut bread, with steaming hot Milo on the side. Scanned through the channels whereby a documentary on insects, a MTV countdown and the current news failed to catch my interest whatsoever. I guessed any form of dalliance would do naught in postponing my imminent and inevitable operation - The removal of my wisdom teeth.

A short nap did nothing but seemingly speed time up. Soon, my father was home and i had to scurry into his whirring and waiting car, ready to embark on my final car ride with every part of me intact (dropping hairs along the way DOES NOT count, btw). Went for a Subway lunch (as expected), and i had the ever-so-delicious and sumptuous tuna and chicken breast w/ bacon Subs. Apocalypse was approaching. Doom was descending. This did not help at all in stimulating my appetite... At least i finally got my father to eat at subway. Kinda like my final wish liddat.

The operation began (not so) promptly at 2:30pm. Delayed after the dentist and my father were debating on whether the removal was absolutely necessary. This, of course, did nothing to quell the rising fear and bile in my stomach. As usual, the dentist had his say, and the teeth were to be deported from my mouth to the land of the metal plate.

Prof Dan Tiss (hey i didn't catch his name, although he was apparently my neighbour for quite a while) was rather random, trying to calm me down by bullshitting some weirdly and seemingly rehearsed script to lighten the pain and take my mind off the entire process. While violently jamming my tooth into its base,

Dentist: "Come on, let's go home and eat"
Daughter: "But i want to eat mcdonalds!"
Dentist: "mcdonalds makes you fat"
Daughter: "are you saying i'm fat?"

I was like, "huurh" as i couldn't even scrounge up a proper 'heh' to his little anecdote. After 15 minutes (a record time for him), the teeth were both amazingly extracted. There was pus. There was blood. There was random subway sandwich bits. There was the continuous bleeding (still going on now). And there were the teeth. Lying on the metal pan, staring back at me in mocking silence.



Viewer discretion is advised. (Oops, guess this shouldn't be below the pic)

Anyway, both of them with a one week's MC cost a whopping $700. God i want to be a dentist. Easy money, can talk all sorts of cock, can impose hurt upon others while appearing benign...

Why do humans have these ingratiating, agony-inducing articles of evolutionary failure? How did others like me in the days of yore tolerate the suffering that comes with wisdom teeth and their extraction?

The GA is wearing off now... The edges of numbness are receding around the epicenter. Soon I will experience the ultimate torture. Soon I will have to bear the physical grief. My first tooth extraction, and it HAD to be my wisdoms... How unfair. At least Nubi is trying to be cute and stuff, to distract me from some of the tinglyness. He sleeps outside my room's door, lying against it as he positively relishes the aircon that comes out from the opening below it O.o


Tonguing my teeth to... Numb - Linkin Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home