Brutha-ly Love

Welcome to the quarry of the quintessential quirk, the caberet of the crazed cretin, the abode of the aberrant aristocrat, the nexus of the neurotic engineer, the diary of the dogmatic dog-lover and the ranch of the revolutionary romantic! Have fun at your own expense!

20050331

Cringing at the Chinese Challenge

The terror! The majesty! The utter horror! Tomorrow's the first ever chinese test i'll be taking in 1 whole year! Its swift revenge is unavoidable. Imminent failure will be heralded in as the clock strikes 2pm on April Fool's Day, 2005. This time around, i'm not even equipped with my trusty shield of a chinese tuition teacher...

I still vividly remember Term(inator) 1 in 2004 (because chinese swore 'I'll be Baaak"), where the O level results for the nov '03 chinese paper were released. I achieved the inferior grade of B3 (yet it was my highest ever...)

Faced with the prospect of either stooping to the level of shameless 'appealers' to stay in HCL or consigning myself to the dark and dank recesses of the express chinese dungeons, i crumbled under the pressure. And opted to simply drop all forms of chinese, in effect forsaking my culture, my heritage, my bane...

Peace and tranquility reigned over the land of Dwayne for the rest of that year. I skipped around carefreely during chinese class and cheerily finished all my homework in advance. The meadows were blooming, the flowers were blossoming, the radiant sunlight shone for once in my dreary life as pixies pranced around spiritedely in the open plains of my mind.
.
.
.
.
.
Until today. The eve of the chinese test. Without a tuition teacher. Still stoning in front of the comp blogging. Tired from my first complete school week in a month.

Hmm. Methinks i really have to go now... jian zi shi bai ju guo xi.



Fretting to... Avril Lavigne's rude interview on 98.7 - Av Lav

2 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lol...(The meadows .....plains of my mind.)...cant believe this...is chinese that bad...

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger dw said...

    YES! and more than simply 'bad'

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home