Brutha-ly Love

Welcome to the quarry of the quintessential quirk, the caberet of the crazed cretin, the abode of the aberrant aristocrat, the nexus of the neurotic engineer, the diary of the dogmatic dog-lover and the ranch of the revolutionary romantic! Have fun at your own expense!

20050130

Of Manliness, Or How I Want to Emulate CW's Style of Entry Naming

Theres one thing my diary has none of, and that's a general theme/style.

Some entries are in formal, perfect (as they can be, at least) English, while others are as if i spoke singlish, gibberish and 1337 all blended together like some camouflaged marine in a blender, or fruits in a jungle background (hmm... was it the other way around?).

Some entries are absolutely crude, distasteful and will only serve to hastily scare away all potential commentors (please comment! I crave attention and recognition, hence the occasionally outrageous articles).

Others are on philosophy, poetry and all things sophisticated. Sigh. I need some form of coherence, some underlying wirework within this whole blog. Sigh. I need to stop sighing, it apparently reduces your life span.

Anyway, here's a small titbit about the blog. There are small ever-changing nuances within the confines of the page. If you happen to chance upon one, post and I'll give you the reward of satisfaction, a very coveted prize indeed. Back to the main topic:



Manliness

Many issues have been confusing me much about the state of manliness these few days. Volleyball? Peeing from the bottom leg of one side of your bermudas as opposed to the zip or from the top? Singing falsetto? Which are the very undesirable girly-wurly cases and which are the absolute "rather mannish" peeves?

Personally, volleyball = modo gay. Its a sport after all; Its fun; All guys who play it in TV advertisements and Baywatch (euugh) have tanned, buff bods. However, it's also a female-dominated activity (more eye-candy, huh?); very embarrassing when you say you're in volleyball main team; has very minimal exercise compared to soccer, etc. Sigh. The conflictions within this case gives it a modo gay rating. 'modo' being short for 'moderately', ICUDK. 'FYI' being short for 'for your information', ICUDK. 'ICUDK' being short for 'in case you didn't know'.

Peeing from the corner of your pants at urinals, now that's sick. Absolutely. No debate here. I mean, why are we degenerating into gross dogs by urinating this way? There is no recompense for people who claim its to prevent the spray into your pants. I'd rather have that any day, than to go and act like a kindergartner. This one gets a mondo gay rating.

Falsetto Singing is very rocking. I was a former soprano before puberty knocked over the vase of my voice and broke it to pieces. Very very gay if someone next to you does it though. What self-respecting man would go and devolve into a female? (heh jk). However, lots of money is involved in super 'settos, currently dominating the airwaves. Stars like the Darkness, JT, MJ, Usher are following the trend of falsetto screeching, and are laughing their girly asses to the bank. I sing very high - falsetto at church occasionally, preferring it to the monotone droning of the people around me. I need distinction, I need outstanding-ness. Was commended by some small kid for operato-ing 'I Simply Live for You' earlier. Still dodn't know how to take that comment O.o

Anyway, I do number 1 and 3 of those things, so i guess im an average of modo-gay. Thankfully not mondo-gay siah... Only one 'n' away.


Tapping my fingers to... ironically, Man's World - Jay Sean

3 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger chengwei said...

    Wow! Since when did The Great Dwayne take to emulating his peers(or rather, betters, though that is a disputable, and often denied, fact.(man, who am i trying to fool? DW's the most intelligent being you'll ever meet!))? You naming me the star of today's post made me feel obliged to comment. Well, that and the possible death threat if i didn't.

    Actually, I can't take all the credit for that style(I can, but I won't)- I think Shakespheare does it too. That reminds me... Man I miss those lit lessons with KLiau. She's the bestestestestest teacher ever! Then there's 4.10, the bestestestestest class ever! The ultimate combination!

    Anyway, there's nothing wrong with falsettos, so long as they can speak normally if they want to(can they?). Then again, I have one sexy low voice so I can't comment on this issue. Singing Britney's songs in public though, is absolutely gay...

    Peeing from the corner of you pants? Now that's sick! I can imagine little kids doing it(no, I AM NOT a paedophile!) but guys over the age of 10(or lower) should really stop doing that. Maybe some are just paranoid about getting their erm, organ stuck in the zip?

    *CW is feeling glad that he has just brought some light into the dull, boring pit that is DW's life. Its like donating to that old, handicapped beggar by the roadside, except that its absolutely free! (JKing! Or am i?)

    PS. Nice blog! I never knew you had one when we were in AC. Else I would've invaded it long ago. Well, its not too late to start now!

     
  • At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    pic of your dog, dear bro. and i gotta say, naming your furniture! i'm glad i'm not the only one.

    pic hereKa

     
  • At 12:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Trang tai nhac chuong hay: http://nhacchuonghay.mobi/ mien phi lon nhat, hang nghin bai nhac chuong dien thoai doc dao danh cho tat ca cac dong may, tải nhạc chuông: http://tainhacchuong.biz/ hay mien phi, tai nhac chuong hay

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home